Friday, September 30, 2011

Sewing Skirts!

Skirts and dresses are the hardest things to find. They are either too small or too short. I like them to fit comfortably and I like them to my knees. I have been wanting to learn how to make skirts for the longest time. When my mom came to visit me in August I convinced her to buy me a sewing machine! We figured out what pattern would work best and bought the cutest material. I have made a bunch of differnt ones and even friends have made some too. My mom definately got her money's worth. After the sewing machine and the pattern it costs about $10 to make a skirt. $10!!! That is the best part. They are cute and cheap! And at the length that I want. Here are some pictures. Maybe one day I'll do a tutorial on how to make the skirts. But, for now, enjoy the pictures and be jealous!




Skirt #1


Skirt #1 on


Skirt #2


Skirt #3


Skirt #4


Skirt #4 on


This is my friend Stephanie and this is her skirt #1


Stephanie in Skirt #2


Stephanie's skirt #3. She is much shorter then me so with this skirt we decided to shorten it a little bit for her.


Baby Skirt #1
I had leftover fabric so I made a baby skirt for my friend from church's little girl.


Baby skirt #2 who I gave to my cousin Alison

I am learning and am still not the greatest, but if you're interested in a skirt I can make it for you! OR I can attempt to teach you. And Mom, don't laugh at me.

:)

1 comment: