Sunday, December 2, 2012

Medical Assisting

I don't know who reads this blog but this is mainly for journaling purposes. As you might know I am in school for Medical Assisting. I started in March and the last day of class is December 18th. It has flown by. When I was deciding to do this program I didn't know if I would like it. I was never interested in the medical field. I gave it a try and I love it. I find the human body fascinating and I am excited to do what I have been trained to do. Anyways, at the end of the course you are required to complete 180 hours of an unpaid externship with a doctor. 2 weeks ago I got an email from a lady at my school who helps find externships for students. She said that my teacher requested me directly (and a few other students) for this externship at a Women's Clinic and to send her my resume as soon as I could. I was so excited! I sent it on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. Then on Monday I got an email from the clinic! She was interested in setting up an interview and was looking to hire the externships after they complete the hours. This was exactly what I wanted. We set up an interview for the next day. My teachers were super excited for me and told me that I had this. I did a practice interview and I was prepared. I went to my interview, and was asked a few questions like "Why did you want to become an MA? What is your favorite class and your least favorite class?" So Simple. (I was interviewed with 3 people from the clinic). They were talking about what I would need to do to get the externship process started. I took this as a good sign. They then said that we will call you tomorrow and let you know what we decided. 

After I left, I called my mom and started telling her about the interview. 7 minutes later I got a phone call...I answered it and it was the clinic. They said, "Hi Jordyn, this is *so&so* from the clinic, and we want you. We decided that we didn't want to wait till tomorrow to let you know." I was sooo happy and excited! I then called my mom back and said, there is no point in telling you about the interview anymore because I got the externship. I got an email later that day saying they were excited for me to work with them and that I will do very well. 

I am so grateful for this opportunity. My school is very excited for me because I am working under a great lady that everyone loves. I am done with all the paperwork and now I am just waiting to start. I am starting on December 19th. The day after classes. My teacher thinks that I will be offered the position before January 1st. That is my goal! I'm thankful for the support from Bryce and my family. I love that they called to talk to me about it and are excited for me!

On a side note, I am in a class that helps you make your resume. I got it all made and it was amazing. When I emailed the clinic my resume I accidentally sent them the wrong one. The one I sent was when I was applying for Texas Roadhouse. I am glad that even though they saw my not so good resume they still wanted to interview me!

1 comment:

  1. yay! So Happy for you! You will be amazing. Love you! See you at the Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete